AFRMA Official Registered Stud
Official Registered Studs shows quality in breeding rats or mice, competitive exhibition, and recognizes
- To become an AFRMA Official Stud the following must be met:
- Applicant must be a Registered Rattery/Mousery before applying as an Official Stud.
- Official Stud status shall be voted on and approved by the Board of Directors.
- Applicants for Official Registered Stud shall pay a registration fee of $10 and said fee must accompany
application for Official Stud. This is a one-time fee.
- All wins to be earned under AFRMA recognized judges
- Must have won BIS 2 or more times or won B. Variety with 5 or more in that Variety 2 or more times
- Animals winning BIS/B. Variety must have been owned, bred, and exhibited by the applicant and the winning rat or
mouse’s parents and grandparents must have been owned and bred by the same applicant for a total of 3 generations
owned and bred by the applicant.
- For Official Studs to be registered prior to 2009, they must have approval of the AFRMA Board and judges and
those members must have shown consistent quality in the animals bred and exhibited by them and must have met the
- Official Studs will receive a certificate and official “stamp” to be used on breeder’s web site
- The Official Stud Name will be used as a prefix on pedigrees/birth certificates with the official assigned number.
- Official Stud Name to be in effect as long as membership in AFRMA is current and in good standing. If membership
lapses, then a new application and fee must be made.